Wednesday, October 22, 2008

T-Square


Had my post half done last night and it somehow got deleted, so I have to do it agian. Anyone who has seen me type knows that this sentance just took me 18 minutes. So I will try agian, but boy the first post was Pulitzer material.


Tiananmen Square is impressive in it's size alone. Our guide told us that it holds up to 500,000 of the peoples and I have no real reason to doubt her. However grand that may be I found the line waiting to see Chairman Maos glass encased tomb to be even more spectacular. The line of the peoples waiting to get a ten second glimpse was said to be over 3 hours long - now a quick check of my math reveals that 60,000 of the peoples were there this day to do just that. Ok, I made that up. But I'd bet dollar to doughnuts that it was at least 3,000 of the peoples.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It can't get more exciting than this! Of course, the massage would have been uplifting! Interested in details of each days menu. Feel free to put it in laymans terms. Mom D

Chef Gregg said...

Uplifting ha ha ha. I will get to the food if I could get a minute to do over and above what I am doing already. Does that sentence even make any sense? In Xian today 2 hour flight, Terra Cotta Army 2morrow at 6:30 in the am. It's now 10:15 and I am pooped. More later all is well. Tell Sammie to post on the blog 4 me. Thanx, G.